6 Best Steps to Setup your First Website 
In this world of contantly changing internet world we need a modern marketing strategy which can help increase our product’s or brand’s online presence so that more and more consumers get aware of it.
Digital Marketing is a term coined to achieve the above. It uses various marketing strategies, tools, plans etc.
In this modern era of a digital world, people and companies are on the Internet for information. People visit websites primarily to find information and to purchase goods online hence if you’re in the business world, information is critical.
You need to have a website for your customers. Period.
It needs to contain information about what you can do for them. Your website serves as that “home base” where you can send customers when they want to make a purchase or learn more about a particular product or service you offer.
- Which are the 6 necessary steps you need to follow when getting your first website built?
Which are the 6 necessary steps you need to follow when getting your first website built?
1. Domain Name and Hosting
- Domain Name: - A domain name must present your business, industry etc. For example - Ola Cabs domain name is olacabs.com. Godaddy and Namecheap are best to buy domain names.
- Hosting: - An easy to manage website hosting which is fast, reliable and secure. Funio, Godaddy and Digitalocean are best for website hosting. With Digitalocean you won’t get email ids.
2. Website Design
In 21st century, website is an online door to your business. Millenials, Gen-X consumers first search online about the product or service they need, and then take decision to buy it on the basis of few valid points.
- Design: Branding, Website Look and Feel, Easyness to Use etc
- Informational Content of the Website: If there is not much content on your website then it might not even be displayed in google results
- Call to Action on the Website: If your website doesn’t have a contact form, buy button, subscription button then how would you know who has accessed your website.
Keep track of everything that is happening on your website. You can even look for information that will tell you how many people visited your site, or how many people messaged or emailed you. You can access the progress of your website and view all its pages.
Tracking is important because it gives you the required feedback on how people are using your website so that you as a business owner can later update the design, add more content etc based on this feedback. For example - you can compare 2 CTAs and measure their click frequency.
- Google Analytics: This is the most used tool to track websites. It gives the 360 degree view of what has happened and what’s happening on your website.
- SumoMe: This is one of the tool which provides a lot of useful website tracking features.
- Hotjar: This tool provides maps your website with colors to provide a view of where people visiting your website clicked.
4. SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
People are sitting on mobile phones and searching before making a decision about buying a product or service. But, if your product or service is NOT even displayed in search results then HOW would some person find it? This getting your website displayed in search results of top search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing etc is called Search Engine Optimization.
There are multiple parameters which help your website rank or rank higher in the search results. You can check whether your website fulfills all these parameters using following tools.
- SEMRush: Powerful tool to find the best SEO keywords and get higher rankings.
- Moz: Backed by the largest community of SEOs on the planet, Moz builds tools that make SEO, inbound marketing, link building, and content marketing easy.
It is easy to advertise online if your business has a website or just a landing page providing key information about your business services or products. There are lots of ways to advertise your products or services through the Internet.
- Facebook Ads: This is an advertising feature offered through the World’s Largest Social Networking platform Facebook. Facebook Advertising is the MOST effective online advertising platform in modern era.
- Google Ads: I personally believe everyone understands what Google Ads is. Google Ads is very vast; ads are displayed on blogs, websites, search results, mobile apps, games etc.
The more you attract, the more you sell.
6. Digital Marketing
Now, you may ask what is this?
Digital marketing a mix of strategies which help you attract, manage and retain customers you gathered online. It involves :-
- Live Chat: Allow an online visitor to chat with your customer support executive. Answer the queries etc and help the visitor gain trust in your business and product.
- Email Marketing: Do you know Mobile Phones need Email Accounts to operate; to download an app you need to connect your google, apple, microsoft account right? And your this account is connected to your email address. What I am trying to say here is that almost everybody who is online has an email address. So, isn’t it nice to market your services and products through email but must not spam, right!?
- Content Marketing: People in 2021, majority post covid19 situation worldwide, are sitting online glued to their smartphones searching information related to amything on internet. The consumer these days has become information savvy and thus your website’s content can attract potential consumers to your website and eventually buy from you.